- Accessory for CO2 fertiliser systems or pH control devices: noiseless solenoid valve for the dosing of the CO2 supply in aquariums
- Easy to use: integrate the solenoid valve into the incoming CO2 hose of the fertiliser system or install at the fitting of the pressure reducer
- Precise dosing: set CO2 level by activating a timer or with a pH control device (timer and controller not included)
- Hazard-free and economical : 12 V safety transformer, low heat generation thanks to power input of 0.8 W, up to 50 % CO2 savings, no noise emission, electronic power supply
- Package contents: noiseless solenoid valve, ProFlora v002 2, incl. universal power supply
CO2 concentration in the aquarium
The right CO2 concentration in the water is of great importance for the aquarium plants. Carbon dioxide serves as nutrient, trace element and thus as promoter for the thriving growth of the plants. Plants need CO2 to photosynthesis and thus to supply the water with essential oxygen. They prevent algae growth, remove pollutants, provide hiding places and reduce pathogens.
Without light as an energy source plants do not absorb CO2 but they still release CO2. A large supply of carbon dioxide is therefore not necessary at night. With the noiseless solenoid valve a dosing of the required carbon dioxide is possible. The device is controlled either by a night timer on the fertiliser unit or by a pH control unit directly (timer and controller not included). The correct CO2 amount varies from aquarium to aquarium and depends on the volume, the water movement and the planting of the aquarium.
Hazard-free and economical
Thanks to its low power input of 0.8 W the valve body is hardly warm to the touch and operates with a 12 V safety transformer. The noiseless solenoid saves up to 50% CO2.