Based on the basic food, this has an added ingredient to boost colour vibrancy, called astaxanthin.
With a granule size of 1 mm, this food is very acceptable to small fish as well, whilst larger fish take a bite 2-3 times more often. Effects are visible after only a few days of regular supplementation with this food.
Complete food for ornamental fish
Composition: Arctic krill, wheat protein, cuttlefish, omega-3 marine oil, freshwater shrimp, water fleas, grass hoppers, fly larvae, coralline red algae, yeast extract, green lipped mussel extract, Moringaoleifera, Artemia, Artemianauplii, chicory inulin, Spirulinaplatensis, Nannochloropsis algae, spinach, red mosquito larvae, herbal extracts, white cabbage, Melissa, garlic, chickweed, Chlorella algae, fennel, aniseed, flower pollen, grape seed flour, beta-glucans
Additives per kg: Nutritional additives: Vitamins, provitamins and chemically defined substances with similar effects: 2.000 IE E 671 Vitamin D3Colourings: 1000 mg E 161j AstaxanthinZootechnical additives: Gut flora stabiliser: 1x109 KBE 4d1712 Pediococcusacidilactici CNCM MA 18/5M
Analytical constituents: Crude protein 55.1%, crude fat 11.4%, raw fibre 3.2%, crude ash 12.1%, moisture 5.9%
Feeding recommendation: As much as the fish can eat within 10 seconds, each day.
The reasons behind it
FISH ARE FRIENDS – NOT FOOD!
That’s why we are committed to not adding any FISH MEAL at all to our ornamental fish food during the manufacturing process! Fish meal and other cheap fillers are often added to industrially produced ornamental fish food, the recipes for which are frequently taken from industrial fish farming. Its aim is a purely economic one: fast growth using minimalmaterials. Balanced nutrition tends to play a lesser role.
DENNERLE IS TAKING A BRAND NEW APPROACH!
In addition to avoiding preservatives, the new fish food is based on the Dennerle biotic system: a combination of prebiotics and probiotics with beta-glucan to regulate digestion and activate the immune system. Once again, Dennerle is a pioneer in this field, given that ornamental fish food has never before contained any probiotic lactic acid cultures. The effects of these new lactic acid bacteria are scientifically proven. They improve the intestinal flora, reduce undesirable germs and regulate digestion for less water pollution. The unique combination of ingredients in this innovative food supports these effects.
We have developed a range of completely new recipes that are the first to be adapted to the actual dietary habits and nutritional needs of various types of ornamental fish. For example, our basic food, "Complete Gourmet Menu", is made up of 30 different natural ingredients – all carefully chosen and processed by hand to preserve as many vitamins as possible.
WHY DEVELOP A NEW ORNAMENTAL FISH FOOD?
Exploring what nature has to offer has been a cornerstone of the Dennerle philosophy since the beginning. If we look closely at the dietary habits of aquarium fish in their natural habitats, we soon see that fish feed on algae, dead plant matter, invertebrates, insects, insect larvae etc.
The range of foodstuffs in natural nutrition is significantly broader than a regular, industrially produced ornamental fish food can offer.
HOW WE ENSURE QUALITY:
- We do not use any fish meal, since only a handful of the more than 50,000 types of fish kept in aquaria are actually fish-eaters!
- We also never use any cheap fillers like those added by some manufacturers and also in commercial fish food.
- Instead, we only use high-quality ingredients in our foods (all those of animal origin are derived from aquatic organisms).
- We have consciously chosen to produce hand-crafted, quality products. We make no compromises when it comes to selecting raw materials and in our manufacturing process.
- We’re proud to be able to offer a wide range of ornamental fish foods: the first in Germany to support fish health with probiotic and prebiotic ingredients.
- Of course the composition of the food takes the optimum protein/fat ratio into consideration.
- We do not use potentially harmful antioxidants (ethoxyquin, BHA, BHT) or artificial preservatives.