Due to the rising popularity of tissue cultured plants, I wanted to expand the range and offer some more plants that were a little different to what is available from Tropica.
Anubias which is a company based in Italy produce a very broad range of tissue cultured plants and some of them look pretty exciting. I also realise some of you may not have a clue what tissue culture plants are so here’s the definition:
Tissue culture (T/C) is a way to obtain perfect, sterile clones of a plant thanks to in vitro conditions, from a very small piece of a mother plant. T/C cultured plants are the best solution for many problems, for the aquarium enthusiasts.
Benefit for the aquarist:
- The availability of plants generally avoided by plant nurseries, because difficult to grow emerged
- Many T/C cultured species start growing very promptly once in a tank, faster than potted plants grown emerged
- T/C plants are pesticide-free
- T/C plants are algae spores-free
- T/C plants don’t carry Lemna sp., snails, Hydra and any other unwanted organism
- T/C plants are rockwool–free, so no contaminants or mechanic threats are carried into the tank
So there we have it. They’re pretty neat and as you can see from the above, sterile and free of all snails and algae. You can check out our range by clicking on this link.